January 14 update

So I have been posting some blogs about the lottery and how to better your chances of winning.
Today, I want to share some of the amounts that I have won.

Back in 1997, I had played the Cash Five game. Back then, it payed a lot more than it does today. But, I was able to hit 4 our of 5 numbers for a winning of $539.00

In 2008, I played the Mega Millions and hit 4 out of 6 numbers (no bonus) and won $600.00. For that one I had to go to the Lottery Commissiion office locally to retrieve my winnings. They had asked me to take my picture and write a short story about what I had done once I found out that I won. They gave me a shirt and a tote bag. I also received some tax forms that I had to submit that year for income tax purposes. What I did find out is that anything $599 and under, you can cash at any retailer (preferrably at a grocery store) and you will get cash. Any thing $600.00 up to $1,000,000.00 can be cashed at your local Lottery Commision office and you can get your money their in a form of a check. If you win anything under $5,000.00 they will give you the full amount but you still have to report that on your income taxes. Anything above $5,000.00, they will deduct the taxes on your winnings and you would still have to report that on your income tax.

Last year, 2013 I played the Powerball and hit twice. I had played 2 sets of numbers and on one of the tickets I had hit (I believe) 1 number and the powerball for $12.00 and on the other I had hit 4 numbers for $200.00. I cashed that in at an Albertsons store - $212.00 cash.

I have also hit on scratch offs. I have hit $200.00 twice on $2.00 Break the Bank. Several years ago, I was playing $5.00 scratch offs (don't remember the name of the game) but for about 3-4 weekends in a row, I would win at least $100.00. I would hit $50, then $100 and even won $200. I kept playing the same tickets and buy them at the same store and I kept winning. It was great, until that streak ended and so did the game.

I have won many other smaller amounts $1.00, $2.00, $3.00, $4.00, $5.00, $6.00, $10.00, $12.00, $20.00, and even $50.00. Most recently, as of this writing, I hit $100.00 at a 7-11 store on the Jokers Wild Game. The ticket number was on 40 so I decided to buy it and won.

So for those of you who like to read my blogs, this is just a little something to let you know that, yes, you can win. Maybe not the big one, but yes you can win. I am not rich by no means. I just enjoy playing the lottery, but it can be addictive and you have to know when to walk away with your winnings. Or if you continue to lose (like most of us), learn how to walk away and play some other time.

Keep playing and have fun doing it, just don't blow your whole paycheck doing it.

Thanks and I hope you continue reading my posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 24, 2017

April 2020