Texas Two-Step and Cash Five

This is my 2nd blog on the lottery. In my first blog I wrote about the Powerball and Mega Millions lottery. In this blog I will write about the Texas Two-Step and Cash Five. Again, as stated in the first blog, winning the lottery is pure luck. There is no set way to win. What I am discussing in these blogs is how you can increase your chances of winning something (may not be the big one) but at least get something back.

The Texas Two-Step consists of 4 numbers plus a bonus ball. Unlike the Powerball and Mega Millions, the Texas Two-Step does not have a multiplier, i.e., a powerplay or mega ball option for a $1.00 more.

In the Texas Two-Step you choose a bonus number from 1-35 and four other numbers from 1-35.

Pick the bonus ball: win $5.00 minimum
Bonus Ball plus 1 number: $7.00
Bonus Ball plus 2 numbers $20.00*
Three numbers: $20.00*
Bonus Ball plus 3 numbers: $50.00*
Four numbers: $1501*
Bonus Ball plus four numbers: Jackpot (whatever the jackpot is at that drawing)

*Means that the amount show could be lower or higher depending on how many winners there are and what the jackpot is currently at.

What I do on the Texas Two-Step (like the Powerball and MegaMillions) is that I play a set of bonus numbers and do quick picks on the other 4 numbers. I generally play 4 bonus numbers with quick picks and 1 bonus quick pick with quick pick on the other four numbers. What I have noticed especially on the Texas Two-Step is that the set of bonus numbers that come out are sometimes the same as the bonus numbers of the Powerball or Megamillions during that same week. So if I see that my bonus number on one of the other lotteries comes out, I will play that number. I have seen it happen several times.
Another way to increase your chances, just like the other lotteries is check out the number frequency and also check past numbers to see what numbers come out.

A sure way to win at least the minimum $5.00 is to play all 35 bonus numbers. Choose the bonus ball from 1-35 - that way you are guaranteed to win the $5.00. And play quick picks for the other 4 numbers or if you have a set of numbers use them too. If you happen to hit more numbers other than the bonus number, at least you will win more than $5.00. The drawback to this is that you will spend $35.00 to win a guaranteed $5.00. It is a gamble and the odds are against you to at least break even, but if you have $35.00 to kill, you can try this method.

Cash Five consists of picking five numbers (no bonus number on this game). Pick five numbers from 1-37.

2 numbers wins: $2.00
3 numbers wins: $11.00*
4 numbers wins: $395.00* non top prize winner
4 numbers wins: $123.00 top prize winner
5 numbers wins: top prize for that drawing.

*Means that the amount that could be won could be higher or lower depending on how many people win and if the top prize is won.

I play a set of 2 numbers and 1 quick pick. With Cash Five, I have noticed that if my numbers (not all of my numbers) come out, they usually come out 2-3 drawings in a row. I win at least $2.00 that is because usually I hit 2 numbers, sometimes 3 which would be more than $2.00.

Again with the other lotteries, you can check for number frequency and previous numbers that have been drawn.

The most I have won in a lottery is in the Mega Millions back in 2008 - $600.00 - 4 out of 4 numbers.
On Cash Five I have won $539.00 back in 1997 - 4 out of 5 numbers.

My next blog will be on scratch off tickets.

Good Luck and thanks for reading my posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 24, 2017

April 2020